B49 Refills for Guitars & Other Wooden Instruments
Replacement packs for Starter Kits: Guitar, Large & Small.
DETAILS:Using Boveda to balance humidity in an instrument case:
- Requires zero maintenance—no more filling messy hoses and snakes and wetting sponges
- Maintains an ideal relative humidity range for instruments—40-60% RH
- Prevents wide fluctuations in humidity that cause the wood to expand or shrink, and degrade its performance abilities
HOW TO USE:BEFORE USING BOVEDA:
- ALWAYS insert Boveda into a leakproof holder before using in your instrument case. The holder acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured while extending the life of your Boveda packets. The patented interior material allows water vapor to pass through to your instrument. The exterior is soft, like a polishing cloth, so it doesn’t scratch the finish.
- DO NOT mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case.
- DO NOT use other humidification products with Boveda in the same case because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
- Slip the Boveda pack into the pouch of its leakproof holder. (DO NOT OPEN the Boveda itself.)
- Place in the case anywhere that allows for airflow and prevents puncture when you close the case:
- Under the neck or headstock
- On the strings
- Open area in the case
- Close the case's lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
- 4-Pack: Packaged in a resealable high-barrier heavy-duty plastic bag with a zip closure. Each Boveda is not individually overwrapped.
- 20-Pack Brick: Packaged in a heavy-duty plastic bag that is resealable using its attached tape enclosure. Each Boveda is not individually overwrapped.
Unopened, Boveda can last up to 2 years.
SPECIFICATIONS:5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5"/8.89 cm
LIFFESPAN:Replace Boveda 2-way humidity packs every three (3) months.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 40% and 60%, the industry standard for wooden instruments.
INGREDIENTS:Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
Our Customers Say
- KDKenneth D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoConditioning Cases Prolongs Boveda Effectiveness
Only 2nd purch of the 20-pack. I have a few acoustics. My Bovedas last about a year. I pre-conditioned all my cases and run humidifiers in the cold dry season.
I also use Boveda for cannabis and my jug of Orville Redenbacker popcorn.
D'Addario offers a two-way Boveda-based system. They do not offer, nor do they tell purchasers the necessity of Case Conditioning. Musicians who don't condition their cases complain that the Bovedas get hard in just a few weeks unlike mine which are lasting 52 weeks and most packs still not hardened (with only some hardening apparent.)
- ALAnnalicia L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 seconds agolove it
I’ve used these for my violin for years, works like a charm!
- JCJennifer C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoFive star product
Have used for years to protect my husbands wooden watch and works as expected. Excellent product. Great customer service. I had one shipment show up with the wrong product inside and it was easy to resolve and I got my corrected product right away. Will continue to use them for a long time to come.
- JKJames K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoI wish I could buy ONE NOT FOUR. I have one semi hollow guitar.
Good product, nice packaging.
- JKJeffrey K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoHappy With The Large Starter Kit
Great product. Have been using the large starter kit for wood instruments for a couple of weeks now. It works! Here in Hawaii it keeps my guitar’s RH between 54% and 55%. Worth the added peace of mind.