Boveda High-Absorbency 49% RH Single Size 40
If you live in high humidity year-round, here's the solution to keep guitars and other wood instruments in the moisture safe zone. Tested in a lab at rainforest-like conditions! Absorbs 3x more moisture than Boveda 49% RH.
Using Boveda High-Absorbency in an instrument case:
- Protects wood instruments from warping in year-round extreme humidity level of 50+% (Lower humidity? Shop Boveda 49% RH for wood instruments here.)
- Staves off mildew build-up
- Automatically maintains constant RH between 45% and 55%—the safe zone for wooden instruments
- Prevents humidity fluctuation from going in and out of air-conditioned venues, playing outdoors or traveling by air
This single refills:
- Directional Starter Kit or Single Fabric Holder for displaying and/or storing:
- Acoustic guitar
- Semi-hollow body guitar
- Hybrid electric or acoustic guitar
- Acoustic or electric bass guitar
- Any string instrument with a center sound hole or port
- Single Fabric Holder for storing:
How Many Boveda Packs Do I Need To Protect an Instrument?
How many Boveda do you need to protect your instrument? This video should do the trick in helping you answer that.
HOW TO USE:
- First remove the clear overwrap from the Boveda, then slip unwrapped Boveda into the pouch of its protective fabric holder. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- To learn where to place with your instrument, visit the FAQs for Placement of Boveda in Instrument Cases.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
- Mix Boveda 49% RH High-Absorbency and Boveda 49% RH or different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case.
- Use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
- To refill a Boveda Directional Fabric Holder: Use one (1) Boveda High-Absorbency 49%
- To refill a Single Fabric Holder: Use one (1) Boveda High-Absorbency 49%
- To refill a Boveda Double Fabric Holder: Use two (2) Boveda High-Absorbency 49%
Each Boveda is individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
When Boveda 49% RH High Absorption fully expands, it’s time to replace the pack. Order a replacement pack BEFORE Boveda fully expands to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for an instrument in high humidity.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 40: 5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5”/8.89 cm