New! Directional Humidity Control Starter Kit
If you hold back on displaying your guitars in fear of humidity-related problems, here’s your solution. Now you can show off your beautiful instruments plus keep them well-humidified. Guitars stay ready-to-play off the wall, on stage and in the studio.
One (1) Directional Fabric Holder:
- The thick vegan leatherette top shield drives airflow directly into the body of the instrument to protect it from humidity fluctuations.
- The patented interior material allows water vapor to pass through to instrument.
- The underside is soft fabric, so it doesn’t scratch your instrument.
One (1) 49% RH Size 70:
Keeps a wood instrument in the safe zone to prevent cracking, warping and other costly repairs.
Learn how to position the new holder and maintain your instrument with Boveda.
This kit is for:
Displaying and/or storing one:
- Acoustic guitar
- Semi-hollow body guitar
- Hybrid electric or acoustic guitar
- Acoustic or electric bass guitar
- Any string instrument with a center sound hole or port
What is the Directional Humidity Control Kit?
The safest place for your guitar is in its case, stored with Boveda to create a stable environment. Now you can keep protecting your instrument whenever it's out of the case, too. See how the Boveda Directional Humidity Control Kit works.
HOW TO USE:
You can use the Boveda Directional Humidity Control Kit:
- On its own while displaying an instrument
- In an instrument case with the Boveda Starter Kit (available separately here)
Where to start:
- Remove Boveda's plastic wrapper. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Just slip unwrapped Boveda into the pouch of its protective fabric holder.
- Fold over the top of pouch and secure the locking strip that keeps Boveda in place.
- Use strap to securely hold Boveda over the instrument’s sound hole, bridge, neck joint, etc.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) Directional Humidity Control Kit with one (1) 49% RH Boveda Size 70 (included). If needed, the directional fabric pouch can also hold 2 Boveda Size 70 (sold separately here).
Each Boveda in the Directional Humidity Control Kit is individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case. Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel: • Hardening at its corners • Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if: • The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 70: 5.25"/13.3 cm x 3.5"/8.9 cm; Directional Fabric Holder (single pouch): 4.25"/10.8 cm x 6”/15.24 cm
4.5"/11.43 cm x 6.5"/ 16.51 cm x 1"/2.54 cm