Boveda Seasoning Packs for a Wood Guitar Case 4-Pack 72% RH Size 60
Some wood cases have twice as much wood as a guitar does. The wood and other internal materials composing the case must be humidified, so it doesn't rob moisture meant for your instrument.
Use these Boveda to:
- Season an empty wood guitar case–one time is all that's needed
- Automatically, safely and precisely "fill up" the cell structure of a case's wood with moisture
- Achieve 50% relative humidity (RH)
- Make subsequent Boveda packs work most efficiently to humidify a guitar
This 4-pack seasons one wood case for an:
- Acoustic guitar
- Electric guitar
- Electric bass
NOTE: Case seasoning is NOT required:
- If your case is made of synthetic material
- If you store a guitar in a gig bag
- If you store a guitar in a wood case in a high-humidity climate
BEFORE YOU SEASON A WOOD GUITAR CASE:
- Purchase an analog or digital hygrometer to monitor the humidity levels in your guitar case. (You can buy a hygrometer for an instrument case at a local music store or from an online retailer.)
- Calibrate a hygrometer with the One-Step Boveda Calibration Kit. (Available separately here.)
- Order a Boveda Starter Kit, which you'll use to humidify your guitar after you season the wood case. (A Starter Kit is available separately for an acoustic guitar or an electric guitar or bass.) Each Starter Kit comes with 49% RH humidity packs and fabric holder(s)—everything you need to balance moisture for a wood instrument for months. (The 49% RH packs and fabric holders are also available separately.)
HOW TO SEASON A WOOD GUITAR CASE WITH BOVEDA:
- Place a calibrated hygrometer and all four of the Boveda 72% RH packs inside an EMPTY wood guitar case. (Since your instrument will not be in the case, you do not need to use a Boveda Fabric Holder with these seasoning packs.)
- Close and latch the case.
- Check hygrometer readings daily. Once the reading reaches 50% RH, remove the Boveda seasoning packs.
- Discard the Boveda seasoning packs—they aren’t reusable.
AFTER A WOOD GUITAR CASE IS SEASONED:
- Move your guitar back into its seasoned wood case.
- Insert unwrapped Boveda 49% RH guitar packs into the protective fabric holder(s). (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Place holder(s) into the guitar case and close the lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
- Expect to replace the first post-seasoning set of Boveda a bit sooner than you will subsequent packs, which will last from two to four (2-4) months.
- Mix RH (Relative Humidity) levels within the same guitar case
- Use Boveda in the same guitar case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda
HOW MANY SIZE 60 TO USE:
Use all four (4) Size 60 Boveda at once to season one empty wood instrument case.
A Boveda 4-Pack is packaged in a resealable high-barrier heavy-duty plastic bag with a zip closure. Each Boveda is not individually overwrapped.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
It's common that the actual RH of a case will stabilize up to 5 points lower than the Boveda RH you use because of case quality and ambient dryness. In an airtight environment, all Boveda are accurate to +/- 2% of the RH printed on the pack.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 60: 5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5”/8.89 cm
Our Customers Say
- GKGabor K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoBoveda Packs SUPERIOR! TOGETHER with Boveda representative professional customer service. Thank You!