Boveda Seasoning Packs for Wood Guitar Cases 12-Pack Cube 72% RH Size 60
An essential step to storing a prized guitar in a wood case is to season the case before using Boveda to humidify the instrument. Guitar case seasoning prevents the wood and other other internal materials in the case from robbing moisture from a guitar.
Use these Boveda to:
- Season three (3) empty wood guitar cases–one time is all that's needed
- Automatically, safely and precisely "fill up" the cell structure of each case's wood with moisture
- Achieve 50% relative humidity (RH)
- Make subsequent Boveda packs work most efficiently to humidify a guitar
The 12-Pack Cube is for seasoning three (3) cases that hold:
- Acoustic guitar
- Electric guitar
- Electric bass
NOTE: Case seasoning is NOT required:
- If your cases are made of synthetic material
- If you store guitars in gig bags
- If you store guitars in wood cases in a high-humidity climate
BEFORE YOU SEASON A WOOD GUITAR CASE:
- Purchase an analog or digital hygrometer to monitor the humidity levels in your guitar case. (You can buy a hygrometer for an instrument case at a local music store or from an online retailer.)
- Calibrate a hygrometer with the One-Step Boveda Calibration Kit. (Available separately here.)
- Order a Boveda Starter Kit for each case, which you'll use to humidify your guitars after you season the wood cases. (A Starter Kit is available separately for an acoustic guitar or an electric guitar or bass.) Each Starter Kit comes with 49% RH humidity packs and fabric holder(s)—everything you need to balance moisture for a wood instrument for months. (The 49% RH packs and fabric holders are also available separately.)
HOW TO SEASON A WOOD GUITAR CASE WITH BOVEDA:
- First remove the clear overwrap from four (4) Boveda 72% RH packs. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Place the four seasoning packs and a calibrated hygrometer inside an EMPTY wood guitar case. (Since your instrument will not be in the case, you do not need to use a Boveda Fabric Holder with these seasoning packs.)
- Close and latch the case.
- Check hygrometer readings daily. Once the reading reaches 50% RH, remove the Boveda seasoning packs.
- Discard the Boveda seasoning packs—they aren’t reusable.
AFTER A WOOD GUITAR CASE IS SEASONED:
- Move the guitar back into its seasoned wood case.
- Insert unwrapped Boveda 49% RH guitar packs into their protective fabric holder(s). (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Place holder(s) into the guitar case and close the lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
- Expect to replace the first post-seasoning set of Boveda a bit sooner than you will subsequent packs, which will last from two to four (2-4) months.
- Mix RH (Relative Humidity) levels within the same guitar case
- Use Boveda in the same guitar case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda
HOW MANY SIZE 60 TO USE:
Use four (4) Size 60 Boveda at once to season one (1) empty wood instrument case. This cube of Boveda seasoning packs will season three (3) wood guitar cases.
Each Boveda in the cube is individually overwrapped.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
It's common that the actual RH of a case will stabilize up to 5 points lower than the Boveda RH you use because of case quality and ambient dryness. In an airtight environment, all Boveda are accurate to +/- 2% of the RH printed on the pack.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 60: 5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5”/8.89 cm
5.5"/13.97 cm x 3.75"/9.525 cm x 4.5"/11.43 cm