Boveda 72% RH 10-Pack Size 8 For Reeds
Multi-instrumentalists, order moisture protection by the multi-pack so you can divvy up Boveda among your many reed cases.
72% RH is for:
- Worry-free reed storage when you’re not playing your woodwind
- Single reeds and double reeds for clarinets, saxophones, oboes, bassoons, contrabassoons and English horns
- Automatically controlling moisture in a reed case—nothing more to add, nothing to rewet and no humidity fluctuations
- Maintaining a consistent moisture in a reed case to prevent reeds from splitting, cracking and warping
- Inhibiting mold growth
The 10-Pack is for:
- Multiple reed cases
- Many replacements for one reed case
- Use in a non-airtight reed case or reed container (not included)
Each Size 8 in this 10-Pack fits in the:
- New Mini Fabric Holder (sold separately here)
Why is Boveda Good for Reeds?
Storing reeds properly at a consistent humidity level is one of the most important things you can do as a woodwind player. Using Boveda in a reed case extends the life of reeds. Watch this video to learn how to use Boveda to protect woodwind reeds.
HOW TO USE:
- Insert the unwrapped Boveda 72% into a pocket or available open area inside your reed case. (Make your Boveda last 2.5 times longer with a Boveda Mini Fabric Holder, which is available separately here.)
- Close the lid, so Boveda can add or absorb moisture as needed to balance humidity in the reed case.
- Mix different Boveda RH levels within the same reed case
- Use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of the Boveda
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) Boveda Size 8 with up to eight (8) woodwind reeds in a reed case or with a reed storage humidification system.
A Boveda 10-Pack is packaged in a resealable high-barrier heavy-duty plastic bag with a zip closure. Each Boveda is not individually overwrapped.
In a reed case: Boveda will last 60 days depending on the time of year, your climate and the reed case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your woodwind reeds.
Boveda is still working if you feel:
• Hardening at its corners
• Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if:
• The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 70% and 75%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 8: 2.75"/7 cm x 2.5"/6.35 cm