Boveda 49% RH Standard Single
Boveda is easy-to-use, maintenance-free humidity control for wood instruments—fretted, bowed and woodwinds.
Using Boveda in an instrument case:
- Requires zero maintenance—no more filling messy hoses and snakes and wetting sponges
- Maintains an ideal relative humidity range for instruments—45-55% RH
- Prevents wide fluctuations in humidity that cause the wood to expand or shrink, and degrade its performance abilities
This single refills:
- Directional Starter Kit for displaying and/or storing:
- Acoustic guitar
- Semi-hollow body guitar
- Hybrid electric or acoustic guitar
- Acoustic or electric bass guitar
- Any string instrument with a center sound hole or port
- Single Fabric Holder for storing:
How Luthiers Protect Guitars
The pros don’t mess with the hose, they use Boveda for guitars in the case and on display. Rob Magargal of Taylor Guitars advises musicians to control humidity levels throughout the lifetime of every wooden instrument to maintain optimal structure and playability.
HOW TO USE:
- First remove the clear overwrap from the Boveda, then slip unwrapped Boveda into the pouch of its protective fabric holder. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- To learn where to place with your instrument, visit the FAQs for Placement of Boveda in Instrument Cases.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
- Mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case
- Use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) Boveda 49% RH to refill a Boveda Directional Starter Kit or Single Fabric Holder.
Each Boveda is individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel:
• Hardening at its corners
• Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if:
• The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5”/8.89 cm
Our Customers Say
- JCJudy C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoVintage guitar
I love this product. Since I started using it, I notice a richness in my guitar tone. I travel , taking my guitar, to varying climates and appreciate the peace of mind.