NEW! Boveda 49% RH 10-Pack Size 8 For Bows and Small Woodwinds
This is the right size Boveda for:
- A tight-fitting instrument case for an oboe, clarinet, flute or small woodwind
- A case or tube for a bow used with a violin, viola, cello, bass or other stringed instrument
- Requires zero maintenance—no more filling messy hoses and snakes and wetting sponges
- Maintains an ideal relative humidity range for bows and woodwinds—45-55% RH
- Prevents humidity fluctuates to limit bow hair movement
- Reduces expansion and contraction of wooden instruments
Each Size 8 in this 10-Pack fits in the:
- New Mini Fabric Holder (sold separately here)
HOW TO USE:
- Just tuck the unwrapped Boveda Size 8 into the opening of the Mini Fabric Holder. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Make sure the top flap of the holder covers the pack, so it doesn't slip out.
- Place the Boveda holder in your case:
- In a bow case or bow tube: Feel free to fold the holder to fit inside.
- In a woodwind case: Nestle in an open area.
- Allow space within the case to avoid crimping or pinching the Boveda.
- Close the case's lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) or two (2) Boveda 49% RH Size 8 inside a Boveda Mini Fabric Holder, which is sold separately here.
A Boveda 10-Pack is packaged in a resealable high-barrier heavy-duty plastic bag with a zip closure. Each Boveda is not individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument or bow.
Boveda is still working if you feel: • Hardening at its corners • Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if: • The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 8: 2.75"/7 cm x 2.5"/6.35 cm
Our Customers Say
- BSBriana S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 days agoBought for Jord Watch
I bought these as replacements for my Jord watch container. The watch is mostly made of wood and this is perfect.