Regular Cigar Humidor Tune Up Kit
Once a wood cigar humidor has lost moisture, you'll have a tough time re-hydrating the wood and protecting your cigars at the same time. Your RH will be perpetually low. And your Boveda probably won't last as long. Here's everything you need to store cigars while you season a wood humidor and calibrate a hygrometer with Boveda.
Three (3) Size 60 Boveda for Seasoning:
Provides moisture directly to the cellular structure of the wood to create a better seal and prevent the wood from stealing moisture from your premium cigars.
One (1) 75% RH One-Step Hygrometer Calibration Kit:
Gauges whether or not your humidity sensor is performing effectively. Hygrometers notoriously fall out of calibration after just a few months.
One (1) Large Humidor Bags Preloaded with 69% RH:
Preserves up to 80 cigars. Never leave your cigars unprotected—fluctuating humidity levels affect their smokability and cause them to lose essential oils and flavors.
This kit is for:
A wood cigar humidor made to hold up to a 75 cigars (Humidor not included.)
HOW TO USE:
Both heating and air conditioning scrub the air of moisture, which makes your wood humidor work harder—it can happen fast if you're not on top of it. So combat the dry inside air or it will affect the cigars within your wood humidor. Season every new humidor with the Boveda Humidor Starter Kit. (Available separately here.)
Re-seasoning your wood humidor with this Boveda Humidor Tune Up Kit is recommended every six months, especially if you live in a dry climate or at high altitude.
STEP 1, EMPTY YOUR HUMIDOR AND RELOCATE YOUR CIGARS INTO THE HUMIDOR BAG:
- Unzip the bag using the plastic zipper, which will reveal a heat seal.
- Apply firm pressure to pull the opening of the bag apart to break the heat seal. (It might feel like you’ll rip the bag, but you won’t. Just give it a really good tug.)
- Run your finger up and down to separate the rest of the opening. Add cigars. (The preloaded 69% RH is not individually overwrapped, so it’s ready to protect your cigars.)
- Gently slide the zipper closure on top to securely seal the humidor bag.
STEP 2, SEASON YOUR WOOD HUMIDOR:
- Remove the clear overwrap from the Boveda 84% RH.
- Place the unwrapped seasoning packs inside the EMPTY wood humidor.
- Close the lid and DO NOT OPEN THE HUMIDOR FOR 14 DAYS—no matter what the hygrometer readings are.
- After 14 days, open the humidor, remove the seasoning packs, and discard them—they aren’t reusable.
- Move cigars back into your seasoned humidor.
- Add in Boveda 72% RH maintenance packs. (Available separately here.)
STEP 3, CALIBRATE YOUR HYGROMETER:
- Place your hygrometer/sensor inside and completely reclose the zipper.
- Allow the kit to sit for a minimum of 24 hours at a room temperature between 65 and 75°F.
- Check the reading of the hygrometer/sensor:
• If the reading is 75% RH, this calibration is complete.
• If the reading is higher or lower than 75% RH: Note the difference as the margin of error for future readings. Or manually adjust your settings to 75% RH using a 1- or 2-point calibration technique and repeat the above three (3) steps.
- Reclose the bag with the Boveda pack inside to reuse the kit within three (3) months.
- To keep a hygrometer performing effectively, recalibrate it every six (6) months.
Don't mix RH (Relative Humidity) levels within the same humidor or humidor bag. And do not use Boveda in the same humidor with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
Unopened package: Up to 2 years
It's common that the actual RH of a humidor will stabilize up to 5 points lower than the Boveda RH you use because of humidor quality and ambient dryness. In an airtight environment, all Boveda are accurate to +/- 2% of the RH printed on the pack.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Large Boveda Humidor Bag: 15" x 12"
Size 60 Boveda: 5.25" x 3.5"
Hygrometer Calibration Kit: 5.5" x 7"
Our Customers Say
- TPTed P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 seconds agoHumidor Tune Up kit
- ABAhmed B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoAccuracy
Very accurate readings
- TETheodore E D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoGreat Storage Device
The design of the bag is very good and the plastic used is very very thick. I had no trouble opening the bag and the clothes your device seem to be very adequate as well. The bag holds the sufficient amount of cigars and with the Boveda pack that is included it is supposed to last for a year. Hopefully the specs given by Bova are very accurate, so I am trusting them to Supply sufficient humidity for my cigars for year but I have inserted a Wi-Fi device to check on humidity just to be on the safe side. I bought several Boveda 1year packs in several sizes because I think the design and the price is very very good.