Small Boveda Starter Kit for Wood Instruments
What's the best way to protect a wood instrument like a guitar from changes in humidity?
Boveda—it's precise, automatic and maintenance-free. Just load the packs into the fabric holder, slip them into your guitar or instrument case and your work is done. (No more wetting and rewetting sponges and hoses!)
For months, Boveda will maintain the perfect humidity balance for that instrument—whatever its surroundings call for. And protect against humidity fluctuations that can damage an instrument, affect its sound and playability and cost you money (and time) at the repair shop.
This all-in-you-need kit includes:
- The patented interior material allows water vapor to pass through to instrument.
- Gives added protection while extending the life of the Boveda.
- The exterior is soft fabric, so it doesn’t scratch your instrument.
- Keeps a wood instrument in the safe zone to prevent cracking, warping and other costly repairs.
- Learn how to position the holders and maintain your instrument with Boveda.
This kit is for storing one:
- Electric bass
- Electric guitar
How Bourgeois Protects Handmade Guitars
Played by acoustic luminaries, Bourgeois Guitars are intimately crafted. The wood for each instrument is carefully sourced, treated and sculpted to achieve the best tone. This unwavering attention to detail doesn’t stop once the instrument leaves a luthier's hands. Each Bourgeois acoustic guitar is shipped with Boveda, the effortless way to keep fine wood instruments at the right humidity level.
HOW TO USE:
- Remove Boveda's plastic wrapper. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Insert both of the unwrapped Boveda into the pouch of its protective fabric holder.
- Place in the case anywhere that allows for airflow and prevents puncture when you close the case:
- Under the neck or headstock
- On the strings
- Open area in the case
- Close the case's lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) Small Starter Kit with two (2) 49% RH Boveda Size 70 (included).
Each Boveda in the Small Starter Kit is individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs here BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel:
• Hardening at its corners
• Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if:
• The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 70: 5.25"/13.3 cm x 3.5"/8.9 cm;
Fabric Holder (single pouch): 6"/15.24 cm x 4.25"/10.8 cm
5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5"/8.9 cm