Double Boveda Fabric Holder
The ultimate versatility to control moisture for a wood instrument!
- Perfectly preserves humidity in the body of your acoustic guitar
- Lays across the strings of the instrument to efficiently humidify the entire guitar or instrument case
Conveniently snugs around the tuning pegs of a cello or concert bass or under its tailpiece
Struggle to maintain proper RH (relative humidity) in an instrument case? Compensate for extreme conditions, use an additional fabric holder in your case if you live year round at:
- High humidity
- Low humidity
- High elevation
Why use a Boveda Fabric Holder?
Specially designed to extend the life and efficiency of humidity packs for acoustic guitars, large fretted or bowed wood instruments and large woodwinds. Boveda Fabric Holders are lined with a liquid barrier to further protect your instrument in the rare occurance a leak-proof pack is ever punctured.
HOW TO USE:
- Just insert an unwrapped Boveda 49% RH into each pouch of this protective fabric holder.
- Place in the case anywhere that allows for airflow and prevents puncture when you close the case:
- Drape over the strings and into the sound hole
- Under the neck, headstock or tailpiece
- Across the strings or entire instrument
- Around tuning pegs
- Into a hollow of the case
- Close the case's lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Fill with EITHER:
- Two (2) Boveda 49% RH Size 70 for wood instruments (Packs are not included, but available separately here.)
- Two (2) Boveda High-Absorbency 49% RH Size 40 for wooden instruments in high-humidity climates. (Packs are not included, but are available separately here.)
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel:
• Hardening at its corners
• Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if:
• The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Folded: 6.625"/16.83 cm x 4.25"/10.8 cm
Unfolded: 12.5"/13.75 cm x 4.25"/10.8 cm