Boveda 49% RH 12-Pack Cube Size 70
The most convenient way to keep humidity pack replacements in reserve. Prevents too much or too little moisture from damaging an instrument. Protecting an instrument, Boveda lasts for months. Overwrapped, the packs are good for up to two years!
Using Boveda in an instrument case:
- Requires zero maintenance—no more filling messy hoses and snakes and wetting sponges
- Maintains an ideal relative humidity range for instruments—45-55% RH
- Prevents wide fluctuations in humidity that cause the wood to expand or shrink, and degrade its performance abilities
A 12-Pack refills:
- Directional Starter Kit
- Small Starter Kit
- Large Starter Kit
- Single Fabric Holder
- Double Fabric Holder
How Uke Players Balance Humidity
Using Boveda, musicians no longer need to worry about the dramatic effects of humidity and changes in temperature and humidity on their instruments. Hear why Paul Okami of KoAloha Ukulele ships its meticulously crafted, high-end ukuleles with Boveda protection.
HOW TO USE:
- Remove Boveda's plastic wrapper. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Just slip unwrapped Boveda into the pouch(es) of its protective fabric holder. Place in case and close the lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda Fabric Holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
- Mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case
- Use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
To refill a Boveda Single Fabric Holder or Directional Fabric Holder: Use one (1) or two (2) Boveda 49% RH Size 70
To refill a Boveda Double Fabric Holder: Use two (2) or four (4) Boveda 49% RH Size 70
Each Boveda in the cube is individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel:
• Hardening at its corners
• Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if:
• The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 70: 5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5”/8.89 cm
5.5"/13.97 cm x 3.75"/9.525 cm x 4.5"/11.43 cm