NEW! Boveda 100-Count Humidor Starter Kit
Pining for the tradition and aroma of wood, but not sure about the upkeep? A growing cigar collection calls for a larger humidor powered up with the Boveda Humidor Starter Kit. Here's everything you need to season and maintain your new humidor for months! (Great for tune-ups, too.)
Four (4) 84% RH for Seasoning:
Provides moisture directly to the wood, creates a better seal and prevents the wood from robbing moisture from your cigars.
Four (4) 72% RH for Maintenance:
These replace the seasoning packs to maintain ideal moisture, which protects the flavor, condition and burn of your cigars.
Learn how to properly season a humidor and use Boveda to keep cigars fresh.
This kit is for:
Wood humidors made to hold up to a 100 cigars. For larger humidors, use more than one kit at once. (Humidor not included.)
Before You Add Cigars to a New Wood Humidor
You condition a humidor so the wood doesn’t suck moisture meant for your smokes. See how to season a humidor in one step, plus maintain it for months with the all-in-one Boveda Humidor Kit.
HOW TO USE:
Boveda is safe to touch cigars.
STEP 1, SEASONING:
- Remove the clear overwrap from the Boveda 84% RH.
- Place all of the unwrapped seasoning packs inside the EMPTY wood humidor.
- Close the lid and DO NOT OPEN THE HUMIDOR FOR 14 DAYS—no matter what the hygrometer readings are.
- After 14 days, open the humidor, remove the seasoning packs, and discard them—they aren’t reusable.
STEP 2, MAINTENANCE:
- Remove the clear overwrap from the Boveda 72% RH.
- Place all of the unwrapped Boveda 72% RH inside the humidor. For best results, you want Boveda's water vapor to circulate in and around your cigars, so place Boveda:
- Under the cigar tray or shelf. (If there are vertical slots, make sure your cigars don’t block these air holes.)
- On top of your cigars.
- Inside a Boveda Holder that’s affixed to the lid. (If your humidor didn't come with a holder, you can order one here.)
- Move your cigars back into your humidor.
- Expect to replace your first set of Boveda a bit sooner than you will subsequent packs, which will last from two to four (2-4) months.
Don't mix RH (Relative Humidity) levels within the same humidor. And do not use Boveda in the same humidor with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY SIZE 60 TO USE:
Use one (1) Size 60 Boveda for every 25 TOTAL cigars a humidor can hold. Example: For a 100-cigar capacity humidor, use four (4) Size 60 Boveda at once.
Each Boveda in the Humidor Starter Kit is individually overwrapped.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
REPLACE BOVEDA FOR MAINTENANCE:
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection in your humidor. Boveda is still working if you feel: • Hardening at its corners • Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if: • The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
RH to +/- 2% accuracy in an airtight container and may stabilize a few points below 72% RH because of humidor quality and external conditions.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 60: 5.25" x 3.5"
9" x 9.5"
3 Steps to Protect
NO MESS. JUST PLACE A BOVEDA IN YOUR HUMIDOR.
Place Boveda in your humidor right on top of your cigars or use a Boveda Holder. If your Boveda is wrapped in a clear overwrap, remove the overwrap first before putting Boveda in your humidor. Boveda is FDA compliant food safe.
NO WORRIES. SIMPLY CLOSE THE LID.
Boveda will begin working immediately to precisely stabilize the humidity levels in the humidor.
Know with confidence that your collection is protected. Enjoy the perfect smoke, every time.