New! Boveda 72% RH 2-Pack Size 8 For Reeds
How should you store reeds to make them last longer? Prevent damage by protecting reeds in a reed case with Boveda. Your reeds will maintain their shape, so you'll get a more airtight seal with your mouthpiece for cleaner tone and better performance.
72% RH is for:
- Worry-free reed storage when you’re not playing your instrument
- Single reeds and double reeds for clarinets, saxophones, oboes, bassoons, contrabassoons and English horns
- Automatically balancing moisture in a reed case—nothing more to add, nothing to rewet and no humidity fluctuations
- Maintaining a consistent moisture in a reed case to prevent reeds from splitting, cracking and warping
- Inhibiting mold growth
The 2-Pack is for:
- One (1) reed case—one pack to use now plus a replacement
- Use in a non-airtight reed case or reed container (not included)
Why is Boveda Good for Reeds?
Storing reeds properly at a consistent humidity level is one of the most important things you can do as a woodwind player. Using Boveda in a reed case extends the life of reeds. Watch this video to learn how use Boveda to protect woodwind reeds.
HOW TO USE:
- Remove Boveda's plastic wrapper. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Insert the unwrapped Boveda 72% into a pocket or available open area in the reed case.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same reed case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) Boveda Size 8 with up to eight (8) woodwind reeds in a reed case or with a reed storage humidification system.
Each Boveda is individually overwrapped.
In a reed case: Boveda will last 60 days depending on the time of year, your climate and the reed case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your woodwind reeds.
Boveda is still working if you feel: • Hardening at its corners • Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if: • The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 70% and 75%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Size 8: 2.75"/7 cm x 2.5"/6.35 cm