HOW TO USE:
- Remove Boveda's plastic wrapper. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
- Insert each unwrapped Boveda into a pouch of its protective fabric holder.
- Place in the case anywhere that allows for airflow and prevents puncture when you close the case:
- Under the neck or headstock
- On the strings
- Drape over the strings into the sound hole
- Close the case's lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in an instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) Large Starter Kit with four (4) Boveda 49% RH Standard (included).
Each Boveda in the Large Starter Kit is individually overwrapped.
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs here BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel:
• Hardening at its corners
• Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if:
• The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
Boveda: 5.25"/13.3 cm x 3.5"/8.9 cm;
Fabric Holder (double pouch):
Folded: 6.625"/16.83 cm x 4.25"/10.8 cm;
Unfolded: 12.5"/13.75 cm x 4.25"/10.8 cm
5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5"/8.9 cm