New! Directional Humidity Control Starter Kit
Drives humidity control directly into the body of the instrument whether it’s inside or outside its case. Comes ready-to-use with a Boveda 49% RH.
String musicians and woodwind players, here's the most effective way to balance humidity for bows, reeds and instruments.
Use Boveda in a Mini Fabric Holder to:
This Mini Fabric Holder is for:
HOW TO USE:
1. Just tuck an unwrapped Boveda 49% RH Size 8 into the opening of the Mini Fabric Holder. (Do not open the Boveda itself.)
2. Make sure the top flap of the holder covers the pack, so it doesn't slip out.
3. Place the Boveda holder in your case:
- In a bow case or bow tube: Feel free to fold the holder to fit inside.
- In a woodwind case: Nestle in an open area.
- In a reed case: Slip in a pocket or on top of reeds.
4. Allow space within the case to avoid crimping or pinching the Boveda.
5. Close the case's lid. Always keep your case closed when using Boveda.
Always insert Boveda into a pouch of a Boveda fabric holder before placing in a bow or instrument case. The fabric holder allows Boveda to last longer and work better and acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured.
Do not mix different Boveda RH levels within the same instrument case. And do not use Boveda in the same case with other humidification products because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
HOW MANY BOVEDA TO USE:
Use one (1) or two (2) Boveda 49% RH Size 8 inside a Boveda Mini Fabric Holder. (Boveda 49% RH Size 8 are sold separately here.)
Boveda will last 2-6 months depending on the time of year, your climate and your case.
Unopened package: Up to two (2) years
Do the touch test. Order replacement packs BEFORE Boveda is totally rigid to avoid a lapse in humidity protection for your instrument.
Boveda is still working if you feel: • Hardening at its corners • Soft spots among some hard areas
Boveda is expired if: • The entire pack feels rock solid all the way through.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 45% and 55%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT DIMENSIONS:
3.5"/8.9 cm x 3.25"/8.3 cm