Starter Kit for Guitars & Bass Guitars
Simplify guitar humidity. Keeps your guitar in the ideal humidity zone for months while minimizing humidity fluctuations that can damage your instrument. This complete kit gets you started with your first set of Boveda and Boveda Leakproof Holders to add to your gig bag or hard case.
How Bourgeois Protects Handmade Guitars
Played by acoustic luminaries, Bourgeois Guitars are intimately crafted. The wood for each instrument is carefully sourced, treated and sculpted to achieve the best tone. This unwavering attention to detail doesn’t stop once the instrument leaves a luthier's hands. Each Bourgeois acoustic guitar is shipped with Boveda, the effortless way to keep fine wood instruments at the right humidity level.
DETAILS:The Starter Kit for Guitars & Bass Guitars Includes:
- Two (2) Double (2-Pouch) Boveda Leakproof Holders
- Four (4) B49 2-way Humidity Control Packs
- Step-by-Step Instructions
HOW TO USE:
BEFORE USING BOVEDA:
- ALWAYS insert Boveda into a leakproof holder before using in your guitar case. The holder acts as a liquid barrier if a packet is accidentally punctured while extending the life of your Boveda packets. The patented interior material allows water vapor to pass through to your guitar. The exterior is soft, like a polishing cloth, so it doesn’t scratch your instrument.
- DO NOT mix different Boveda RH levels within the same guitar case.
- DO NOT use other humidification products with Boveda in the same case because they will fight against each other and reduce the efficiency of Boveda.
- Remove the clear overwrap from the packs. (DO NOT OPEN the Boveda itself.)
- Insert one (1) unwrapped Boveda into each pouch of the leakproof holder.
- Place in the case anywhere that allows for airflow and prevents puncture when you close the case:
- Under the neck or headstock
- On the strings
- Open area in the case
- Close the case's lid. Always keep your guitar case closed when using Boveda.
Each Boveda in this kit is individually overwrapped. An unopened Boveda is good for up to two (2) years.
Boveda: 5.25"/13.3 cm x 3.5"/8.9 cm
Holder (double pouch):
Folded: 6.625"/16.83 cm x 4.25"/10.8 cm Unfolded: 12.5"/13.75 cm x 4.25"/10.8 cm
KIT DIMENSIONS: 5.25"/13.34 cm x 3.5"/8.9 cm
Replace Boveda 2-way humidity packs every three (3) months.
Achieves and maintains a constant relative humidity (RH) range between 40% and 60%.
Food-grade salt, purified water and a food-grade thickening agent sealed inside a leakproof membrane.
Our Customers Say
- BBBruce B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11 seconds agoMy Taylor guitar is loving its new care treatment.
I will continue to purchase your products, as I have found favorable results.
- HHHoward H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoGreat for guitars in year-round dry climates
Where I live is dry year-round with 11 inches of precipitation annually. I used Oasis humidifiers that gave fairly good results, unless the outside humidity went below 10 percent. This means inside humidity (either air conditioned or heated) was lower, even though the guitar is in a case, it is all drying out. One hot summer delivery in the last year caused a new guitar from the luthier to have the bridge coming off, and sides split due to the 115F heat in the delivery truck (infrared thermometer reading of the box at delivery) for who knows how many days of the 6-day delivery. The new guitar was falling apart because it was shipped without humidity packs I requested. (The guitar was returned, luthier couldn't believe it would dry out that fast).
The Boveda humidifiers allowed me to check the guitars every few days, instead of every day. Now, I request guitars sent to me from moist climates include these in shipping. It’s bad to have a guitar top crack due to cold and dry, but worse to have a new guitar fall apart in shipment. Boveda humidipacks prevent these things. Thanks to The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield MO for introducing me to them.
- FLFrancois L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoExcellents produits
J’ai acheté en ligne ces produits pour humidifier mes clarinettes. Le résultat est surprenant, mes clarinettes sont toujours à la bonne humidité et en plus cela protège des risques de fissures dans le bois.
- WHWilliam H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars4 months agoAppears to work.
I've been using Boveda for about a month now and it appears to work as advertised. Guitar was re-hydrated and Boveda is keeping it in the proper humidity range while in the case.