Test Your Cannabis KnowledgeJulie Fulton @ 2019-06-12 15:31:38 -0500
Weed. Pot. Grass. Reefer. Ganja. It’s out with old stigma-laden mj slang, and in with responsible rec language. Let’s get cann-positive!
Listen and learn:
- What is cannabis called around the world?
- Is there a difference between “marijuana” and “cannabis?”
- What do the cool cats in the cannabis industry say?
The Cannabis Catch-Up is sponsored by Boveda, the leader in two-way humidity control for buds. Subscribe to the Boveda Cannabis YouTube Channel. Or listen to Lance Lambert’s insights live every Monday at 4:20 pm EST on The Todd Shapiro Show (SiriusXM Channel 167).
Open up your cannabis dictionary of a brain!
- Where did the term marijuana come from? (0:45)
- Does cannabis only refer to mmj? (1:00)
- Around the world with cannabis language—from bhang in India to sensimilla in Mexico. (1:20)
- Terms like “chronic” have been replaced by “loud” or “fire.” (2:08)
- Does “dope” now refer to hard drugs, like heroin? (2:29)
- How does Boveda use 2-way humidity control to protect cannabis? Can you use Boveda to control humidity in other products? (7:53)
- And is nationwide reform imminent now that 62% of Americans support cannabis legalization? (16:40)