Majority of U.S. Wants Legal CannabisJulie Fulton @ 2019-06-12 15:31:03 -0500
95 percent of U.S. citizens now live in a place where cannabis is legal—either for medicinal or recreational use or both. And the vast majority of the population favors nationwide legalization. Who wants cannabis legalized and why?
Listen and learn:
- How are the generations—Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials and Gen Zs—banding together over legal cannabis?
- Is cannabis prohibition any different than alcohol prohibition in the 1920s?
- How will people with past criminal convictions for cannabis benefit when it’s legal?
“There is no ‘cookie cutter’ cannabis user any longer.”
The Cannabis Catch-Up is sponsored by Boveda, the leader in two-way humidity control for buds. Subscribe to the Boveda Cannabis YouTube Channel. Or listen to Lance Lambert’s insights live every Monday at 4:20 pm EST on The Todd Shapiro Show (SiriusXM Channel 167).
“As it becomes more mainstream worldwide, the cannabis culture has changed quite a bit.”
- As new cannabis strains and consumption methods are developed there are more options to meet an individual’s herbal medicine needs. (5:26)
- From Baby Boomers to Gen Zs, support for cannabis legalization is up among all ages. (6:42)
- Cannabis, like alcohol, needs to be used safely and in moderation. (8:00)
- Cannabis potency has strengthened over the years, so it’s important to pace yourself. (10:04)
“Start low, go slow. Take an even pace—keep in mind cannabis is different stuff than you might have consumed when you were younger.”
STORING CANNABIS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
After you choose your strain from the dispensary, make sure you retain the potency and experience you paid for.
- Keep your herbal medicine in an airtight cannabis storage container, like a jar, CVault® or Cannador.
- Stash your stash in a dark place to avoid oxidizing your herb.
- GET YOUR CANNABIS OUT OF THE FREEZER OR FRIDGE! Store your cannabis at a stable temperature between 60 and 70°F (15-21°C).
STORE CANNABIS BETWEEN 55 AND 65% RH (relative humidity):
– Prohibits mold growth in cannabis
– Keeps MJ from drying out
– Protects trichomes
– Prevents terpenes from evaporating
The easy, precise and long-term way to prevent terpene evaporation and moisture loss is to store flower with 2-way humidity control. Boveda responds to temperature changes and keeps cannabis within the 55 and 65% RH safe range for up to six months.
“Education versus prohibition is what keeps kids away from cannabis.”
The Marijuana Justice Act of 2019 would legalize cannabis nationwide
- Remove marijuana from the U.S. Controlled Substances Act
- End federal criminalization of cannabis
- Expunge records
- Reinvest in communities most impacted by War on Drugs
WHERE LEGAL CANNABIS STANDS NOW
- Ending prohibition on cannabis is reminiscent of the prohibition of alcohol in the late 1920s—it took educating the masses to gain support. (12:09)
- More state governors are for cannabis legalization than ever, including Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York. (14:36)
- Israel leads the world in medical cannabis research and already has a thriving medical program. A so-called right wing candidate for Prime Minister is actually running on a pro adult-use platform! (15:12)
- Some communities, including Boston and San Diego, are erasing past cannabis-related convictions for some citizens. (16:45)