LOOK FOR LEGAL REC IN THE U.S. BY 2022Julie Fulton @ 2019-08-07 09:54:52 -0500
LEAN IN, LISTEN UP AND LEARN:
- Why the U.S. should adopt Canada’s start low and go slow model to lift prohibition on cannabis products.
- Who’s pardoning consumers for minor possession of cannabis for personal use.
- Why Canadian cannabis consumers are calling out dry flower on social media and what LPs can do to prevent evaporation in dried buds.
“We need to unring this bell of prohibition.”
The Cannabis Catch-Up is sponsored by Boveda, the leader in two-way humidity control for buds. Subscribe to the Boveda Cannabis YouTube Channel. Or listen to Lance Lambert’s insights live every Monday at 4:20 pm EST on The Todd Shapiro Show (SiriusXM Channel 167).
START CANNABIS CONVERSATIONS BASED ON FACT:
- Senators and scientists agree cannabis legalization is gaining traction. There’s a generational replacement occurring—younger votes who favor legalization are replacing older voters who tend to be anti-cannabis. Yes, the Times They Are A Changing. (02:38)
- Physicians and nurses must be proactive about MMJ education, including the human endocannabinoid system, dosing approaches, side effects and medication interactions. (04:31)
- Just like with any other medication, yes you can intake too much cannabis and have a bad reaction. That’s why it’s important to only buy flower from a licensed dispensary, so you know what you’re about to ingest. And talk to your budtender about dosing, THC levels and desired effects. Plus make sure the flower you buy is humidity-controlled and free from mold and microbes. (04:57)
- Cannabis consumers can apply for pardons for simple cannabis possession in several cities and municipalities in legal adult-use states and Canada. Illinois state legislature is the first state to legalize marijuana and pardon low-level offenses. 06:00
- As the cannabis industry matures, there are more ways to consume cannabis, including in concentrates, oils, patches and tinctures. Trust processors who start with quality, well-hydrated flower. With cannabis, as with any other ingredient, garbage in is garbage out. 10:09
A CALLER ON THE LINE ASKED IF BOVEDA CONTROLS HUMIDITY IN INSTRUMENTS, TOO
Yes! Musicians use Boveda 2-way humidity control to protect wood instruments from fatigue and deterioration caused by lack of moisture.
From acoustic and electric guitars and cellos to violins, bassoons and ukuleles, Boveda prevents RH fluctuations, which can cause cracking and warping and affect sound quality. Woodwind players store their reeds with Boveda, too. Read how moisture is affecting your music.